Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yes, I'm a dork!

Hey everyone! I did something today that I thought was a really good idea. When one of my friends stopped by and I told her about it, she just stood there for a second, looked at me and shook her head in disbelief as she said slowly, "you are silly...." I think she may have been thinking something else other than "silly." It made sense to me but I realized as I looked at her that hmmm.... this may be one of my dorkish moments .... You decide....

This coming Friday we will be going to have our family portrait taken. We haven't had a formal portrait (as formal as Olan Mills or The Picture People - I guess 'professional' would be the right word rather than 'formal') since Jared was 6 months old!! He's 4 1/2 years old now!!! Anyway, the brilliant thing that I did (I still think it was rather smart) was to pull out a handful of shirts for each of the five of us, lay them all out neatly on the dining room table so that I could see the colors and patterns and then start trying to decide what outfits would best coordinate. In order to make this decision, I laid one of John's shirts on the floor, mine next to it but slightly lower since I'm not as tall as he is. Then I laid one of Jared's shirts down in front of ours and slightly below (to represent his height) followed by a similar presentation for a shirt for each of the girls. Then I used my digital camera to take photos of the display so that I could sit back at the computer and carefully review each combination for the best color and pattern coordination. Are you laughing yet? See, to me this made perfect sense! And this is just one of the wonderful ways that our digital technology can be used! It's quick. It's not wasteful - I don't have to spend money to develop a roll of film that was produced for my whimsical uses. I can delete anything I don't want to keep (any color combinations that I deem not to "flow" well together...) from the computer thereby saving digital space. And I can get John's input later if I so desire! I now realize that this would be after he gives me "the look." Well, I guess this is just one of the (many) silly reasons why he loves me so much! Here are just a few of the combinations - you take a look and let me know what you think. :)



4 comments:

Jenny said...

Try the top shirt of yours with the bottom combo :) I don't think I would have taken the step of viewing pics on the computer, but I guess the rest of it must run in the family!

MochaPrincess said...

LOL! I did not think you were silly. I was thinking..dang why have I spent so much time looking instead of buying and returning later. You are smart girlie.

Anonymous said...

My vote is for the last pic. Can't wait to see the picture!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant! I will have to keep that in mind when planning or next portrait (of which we've only had one - and that was with the in-laws!)

And I agree - the last pic is the best one!