Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kiss My Grits!

Tonight, I opted for a "breakfast for dinner" dinner. I made pancakes, eggs, sausage, and grits. I loooove breakfast food and the kids would eat pancakes and waffles 24/7 if I allowed them! The older kids turn up their noses at grits (what kind of southern kids am I raising here?!?!) but Rachel decided that she quite enjoyed them! Well, until she was full.... and then she continued to enjoy them... enjoyed squooshing them and rubbing them all over herself like a nice exfoliating body rub!!



As with most toddlers, food doesn't always make it to her mouth. Sometimes her toes get quite hungry as well!



Thankfully, today, being the beautiful summer day that it was, offered a nicely warmed kiddy pool waiting in the back yard for her "bath." I took her diaper off, dumped several little buckets full of nice warm water over her to wash off the grits in the grass and then let her have fun in the "tub." Yes, we do own a perfectly good real tub inside the house but this one was much more enjoyable tonight! :) We'll use the real one tomorrow.






No comments: