Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Getting ready to move...

Whew! It's been a whirlwind around here since we got back from vacation! I never knew it would be so involved to sell our house! Or rather to get it READY to sell. We've interviewed several real estate agents and selected one. We've had our consultation with the staging people and are looking forward to getting their proposal on how to really swoop prospective buyers off their feet! We've decided on all of the flooring selections - we're getting the flooring replaced in three rooms (which we've been wanting to do for years now but been too cheap to spend the money before now). We're going to get a quote tomorrow from someone for painting our bathroom and REpainting our CRAYOLA YELLOW kitchen to a more neutral tone (a few years ago we painted it what we thought would be a pretty, cheery yellow. We got started and thought "oh how pretty" and then we kept painting and thought "oh.... um..." and then we finished and ever since then we constantly think we've left the lights on in the kitchen because it's so BRIGHT!). I ordered a new dishwasher today - ours decided to die shortly after we returned home from vacation. We've made several runs with the truck and van both packed FULL of boxes of CLUTTER! Our house hasn't changed much - but there are approximately 50 boxes of STUFF in our newly rented storage unit and our garage. How does this happen?? We still need to call the handy man to come do a handful of other things around the house like the caulking and a few small repairs that we just don't have the time or gumption to tackle. And I have some serious scrubbing to do to clean the baths and kitchen to look like new (and to remove the grimey yet cute finger prints and smudges off the walls). UGH! Well, I guess if this is what makes up the stress that I have in my life (that I've been blessed with the finanacial ability to move, a loving husband and active (and THANK GOD healthy) children that keep messing up my stacks and taking up my packing/cleaning time, then I'll GLADLY carry my lot. Thank you Jesus for all of these blessings!

Oh and if anyone has any tips on selling your house or trying to sell while having three tots in tow let me know!! I'm open to all kinds of advice!!

1 comment:

MochaPrincess said...

WOW. You go girl. I can't believe we are both trying to move although I am sure your house will sell quick as you have a nice house. Good luck! Amazing how we de clutter to move!