Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Resolutions ...er.... Goals for 2008 (and beyond)

While I don't believe in making New Years Resolutions and normally don't make them, Natalie tagged me to list my resolutions for 2008. I don't call these my "New Years Resolutions" but I did actually start a list a couple of months ago of habits I wanted to create, or one could call them my goals moving forward. I guess it's sorta like the difference between calling it a "diet" and a "life style change." I realize the list is long but I've been thinking about this for the last few months and adding to it when I think of something else I'd like to do from now on (another key difference - "from now on" vs "this year")... anyway.... here ya' go.

1. Bedtime 10:30pm (11:00pm at the latest)
2. kids bedtime 7:30pm (8:00pm at the latest)
3. get into the habit of Menu Planning Mondays (plan minimum one week menus and shopping list)
4. pick out the kids M-F clothes on Sunday night
5. fold and put away laundry RIGHT out of the dryer (no more wading through MOUNTAINS of clean laundry)
6. run dishwasher every night and unload every morning to keep kitchen cleaner/nicer
7. limit the kids TV watching time to 2 hrs max per day (and that still sounds bad)
8. moisturize hands every time I wash and every time I can think about it (they're always horribly dry and rough and screaming for me to pick at them)
9. stop picking! (I'm a picker - I pick at my fingers, my face, my lips, anything I can get hold of!)
10. start coloring my gray!!!
11. snack healthier (I'd gotten really slack over the last few months on my eating habits)
12. check my credit card statement online daily to help monitor my spending and maintain my budget
13. limit my own computer time daily
14. exercise minimum 2 times per week, preferably 3 times per week
15. prep/cook 1-2 meals ahead of time weekly
16. get kids up no later than 7:15am to avoid running late every morning
17. be less "busy" and more available to the kids
18. stop impulse buying, even if I have to come back on another (dreaded) trip to get it later after I've thought about it longer and determined that it's in the budget
19. read 20-30 minutes every day (Bible or other Christian material)
20. read to the kids daily (we already read Bible stories nightly but I want to read other books to the kids for their enjoyment and for more focused one-on-one or actually one-on-two time)
21. use coupons more

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I am shocked why this accident did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.....
yatra coupons