Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Flannel Sheets - You Are My New Love!

Haaaallelujah! Haaaaallelujah! Hallelujah!Hallelujah! Hal-leee-luuuu-jaaah!!!!

Ahhh!!!! Flannel - my new love!

Every night as I sit like a moron at this computer until 1:00 a.m. ... 2:00 a.m., rather than going to bed at 10:00 p.m. at the LATEST (I've obviously not yet successfully achieved that goal for 2008), I freeze my butt off here in the dark and then eventually get into bed. I lay there like a popsicle, trying to snuggle up to John to tap into his body heat (without waking him up from a jolt of cold toes... wait, who am I kidding?! NOTHING wakes him up!), yet continue to shiver out of my skin until I have put on three pairs of thick, zero-degree hiking socks and retrieved my beloved fleece throw from the hall closet. Finally, I then have some relief and can drift off. I had considered using an electric blanket. However, after going up into the attic to dig out the old gotta-be-over-30-years-old-electric-blanket-of-my-youth from a box and plugging it in to see if it still worked, we felt no heat. Instead, I placed both of my hands on the blanket, paused, looked at John with my head tilted a little and said, "Do you feel that?" He placed his hands on the blanket feeling around for the eluding warmth and said, "What?" "That." He paused a moment and then we both realized that the "tickle" that I was feeling was ELECTRICITY!!! "AAaaahh!" I jerked my hands back, a little freaked by the feeling of live electricity crawling under my fingertips! So, uh, no electric blanket for me, thank you very much! We talked about buying a new one but then the whole electric-current-running-over-my-entire-body-thing flashed cancerous thoughts through my head (yes, I realize this is going overboard but that's what went through my head) and I wasn't as excited about the idea anymore.

Flash back to Christmas. Abigail received flannel Dora sheets for her bed. Followed were several 3:00 a.m. visits over the course of the next month, "Mommy, come sleep with me." Here I am zombie-shuffling to her bed answering, "Okay, but just for a little while, sweetie" (actually thinking "sure, anything, as long as it means sleeeeeep.....zzzzz!"). I realized during those sweet yet sleep-deprived snuggles in her small bed just how warm her bed was. Especially after I would wake at 4:00 a.m. and return to my own cold, cold sheets (repeat process: snuggle up to John for warmth and hope that I don't disturb him with my coldness). So, I was sold. Note to self: add "buy flannel sheets" to my To Do list in the morning.

And then we come to tonight. I finally got the sheets. I finally got them on the bed. I (again) was up too late tonight and therefore partially frozen by the time I crawled into bed. But, aaahhhh - my first socked foot slid under the covers. My other socked foot slid under the covers (yes, don't I just scream sexiness here!). I could already tell the difference! I slid the rest of my body under the covers and layed my head down on an already inviting pillow case. I was already halfway thawed rather than nearly to the deep-freeze stage! Snuggle to John and done. I was thawed and ready for sleep! And I must say the ensuing lightening storm of static shooting and darting around under the sheets as I was sliding in was quite entertaining!!

... then of course I couldn't sleep because I wanted to share my new found joy with the world! So here, again, it is 1:00 a.m. as I sit at the computer! But that's fine. I sit here wrapped in my fleece throw just knowing that I can crawl back into my flannel bed when I'm done (allthewhile giggling at the lightening show) and snuggle up nice and toasty!

Thank you God for flannel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi all marzullofun.blogspot.com admin found your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com