Saturday, October 27, 2007

Jared's got a girlfriend! Jared's got a girlfriend!

Is this the cutest thing or what?! Jared has been coming home from school for weeks now talking about this little girl, Jordan. I worried that it may be a one-way thing but then he got an invitation to her birthday party. I email her mom asking for gift ideas and through our discussions I learned that his infatuation was most certainly a two-way thing. Her mom said that if nothing else, him showing up would be birthday gift enough! Jared has been looking forward to her party all week, asking daily, "When can we go to Jordan's house?" This morning, as we drove up to her house, we saw Jordan standing, looking out her front door (glass storm door). As soon as Jared saw her he said, "There's my girlfriend!" As soon as Jordan saw him (his mom later told me) she said, "I think I see him! He's here!" As we walked up to the house Jordan hopped and skipped down the front steps to greet him. They were so cute all morning at the party! They hugged good-bye at the end. And, of course, John and I made certain to get a photo of them together. She's looking at him in the photo but oh, you should have seen the love in his eyes as they looked at each other after the photo was taken!!

Can't you just see the little cartoon hearts pip-popping overhead?!















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too stinkin' cute!!!!!

MochaPrincess said...

My heart aches! They look alike...kind of like you and John with the dark hair....hey....she could be one of your daughters.