Saturday, June 21, 2008

Full-sentence Conversations and Small bathrooms

Wow! Last night, John and I were finally able to enjoy a date night for the first time in a long time! The gym I belong to offers a "Date Night" where they'll keep the kids between 5pm-8pm at no extra charge. Talk about a deal! Not paying for babysitting for three kids! That right there was the deal closer when I was trying to decide on which gym to join (and no we won't go into how long it's been since I was last in there to really work out)! Anyway, there were so many perks to being able to go out to eat last night without the kids, which I realize is no new earth shattering news to any of you but hear me out. Now, it wasn't a fancy-schmancy restaurant or anything like that. Just one of your basic restaurant chains with lots of yummy food that I don't have to cook! Or clean up for that matter! So, there were perks #1 and #2. Perk #3 was having full-sentence conversation! And I know that you mommies and daddies out there (glance around for head count) know what I'm talking about. It's the (glance around again for another head count, can't find one, oh, there she is) rare ability to actually finish a conversation without having to (Jared! Get down!) stop two-million times to (Abigail, for the last time, leave your sister alone!) scream at, ahem, I mean redirect, your little monsters, er, angels, energies (Rachel! No, no. No touch!....Abi-gaaaaaail!). So, for a rare couple of hours I was able to actually complete my sentences, have full intact thought processes (at least to the best of my lack-of-sleep, never-again-be-the-same mommy-brain will allow me). I was able to truly focus on the conversation, really taste and savor every bite of my food which (oh I was in heaven) included a margarita!!!! The first margarita these lips have tasted in what we determined to be nearly five years!!! Oh my word that margarita tasted so good! ... Ok, back to the point. Perk #4, or maybe #5 if you count that margarita, was after the dinner and great conversation (including much laughter) was over. We stopped by a local dealership to snoop around for ideas of what John's next car/truck/suv may be. I needed to go potty, uh, I mean visit the ladies room. As soon as I stepped foot in the door my mommy-brain immediately started scoping the stalls to see if the biggest stall at the end was open. ... but then I remembered that I was "me" tonight, not "mommy." That means that I get to use the little potty ... er, bathroom stall! I don't have to find the biggest stall to cram four people into all-the-while sounding like an auctioneer calling out don't-touch-that-keep-your-hands-in-your-pockets-yes-sweety-that's-the-toilet-paper-Jared-get-up-off-the-floor-no-sweety-that's-a-trash-basket-no-don't-touch-it-yes-that's-a-loud-flush-no-i-don't-know-what-she's-doing-next-door-yes-mommy-has-to-potty-too-don't-talk-so-loud-yes-the-echos-are-neat-but-stop-yelling-are-you-done-yet?-don't-forget-to-wipe-your-bottom-get-up-off-that-nasty-floor!-don't-you-open-that-door-yet-I'm-not-done-stop-touching-stuff-ok-lets-get-out-of-here-(before I lose my mind)!!! So, there ya' have it. My amazing night, one that I have been needing, was a wonderful date with my love, yummy food, great conversation and small bathrooms!!!

1 comment:

MochaPrincess said...

I am soooooooooooo glad that you got out for a date with that wonderful hubby of yours. Love the post!